Hello Internet. Sorry for being a bad blogger. I’m so behind on reviews and reading as I’m coming close to finishing wwriting my own book. Anyway I finished the Goblet of Fire nearly two weeks ago. So I finally got a free moment to write the review. Here we go.
Loved the book, and I hate to admit it, but it’s right up there with my favorite, the Prisoner of the Azkaban. Still a bit unsure myself of which one comes out on top.
Anyway, lots of differences between the movie and the book, and now I understand why people say that the movie was the worst one in the series.
First of: Spoilers ahead!
1. Excuse me, where is Ludo Bagman. I mean he can be cut out of the story and not have a huge impact, but learning about characters whose roles were completely cut is a bit unsettling.
2. The finding of Mr. Crouch in the woods. Krum was supposed to be with Harry when he found him! This was a bit crucial as it helps reveal where Mr. Crouch has been.
3. In addition, there was NO mention of why Mr. Crouch hasn’t been attending to the Triwizard Tournament. This cut down Percy’s role significantly.
4. The house elf, Winky, WHERE IS SHE IN THIS MIX. AND DOBBY. JEEZ.
5. Also, Rita Skeeter being an unregistered animagus and Hermione locking her in a jar stuck as a beetle. YOU GO HERMIONE.
6. Barty Crouch Jr’s fate being cut out of the movie. HOLD UP. *HUGE SPOILER* This guy’s soul was sucked out via demerntor’s kiss. That’s a bit important don’t you think? The last we see of him is Snape’s wand poking him in the cheek…crappy way to leave it.
Best scenes in the book that weren’t in the movie:
1. Dumbledore telling everyone in the hospital wing that this big black dog (SIrius) will accompany Harry as long as it wants with no explanation whatsoever. YES DUMBLEDORE SIR. NO ONE WILL QUESTION YOUR SANITY AT ALL.
2. Hermione locking Skeeter in a jar.
3. Harry falling through the vanishing step after seeing Crouch on the Marauder’s map, and Snape trying to catch him only to be saved by Moody.
4. Hagrid calling Madame Maxime a giant, and her trying to deny it and getting offended. Nice try woman, but big boned has nothing to do with it if you’re 7 feet tall. \
5. The Weasley family meeting Harry before the third task. We get to meet Bill, and Charlie again! YAY. And the idea of Fleur and Bill’s relationship is sparked.
In all, I loved the book, and loved how much darker the books are getting.
The awards go to:
MVP: Moody (even though it was Barty Crouch Jr. he still turned Malfoy into a ferret)
Well acted in the movie: Cornelius Fudge
The pets the directors forgot to feed and include in the film: Dobby, Winky, and Ludo Bagman
Most annoying: Rita Skeeter
Side note: I’m halfway through Order of the Phoenix, but with all the loose ends I’m trying to tie up the review probably won’t be for at least another week. Sorry!